CloudFlare is a service which boosts and secures your website from DDoS attacks. With CloudFlare, you can protect your website against malicious visitors, save bandwidth and reduce average page load times.
Steps to add Cloudflare to your website
- Go to www.cloudflare.com and login to your account.
- Click on +Add Site button located on the header navigation bar.
- Now enter your domain name in the space provided and click on Begin Scan.
- Cloudflare will scan your domain’s DNS records. This will take approximately 60 seconds to complete. Once the DNS scan has finished, click Continue.
- Cloduflare automatically adds all the DNS records but If there are any additional records you’d like to add, you can add them there. After you’ve reviewed your DNS records, click Continue.
- Select the free website plan and click on continue. You can upgrade to a better plan later also.
- In the next step, Cloudflare will ask you to update the name servers to their name servers. Update your name servers with your registrar to the new ones. Don’t worry, your website will not experience any downtime.
- Congratulations! Cloudflare has now been added to your website.